Forestar manages its operations through three business segments: Mineral Resources, Real Estate and Fiber Resources.
- Oil production up over 115% compared with first quarter 2011 and up almost 40% compared with fourth quarter 2011
- Four new wells completed by exploration and production lessees, 534 producing wells at quarter-end, up 38 compared with first quarter 2011
- Leased over 800 net mineral acres in Texas and received $1.1 million in delay rental payments
- Invested $1.8 million in non-operating working interest in a new well in Louisiana
Segment Financial Results:
|($ in millions)||1Q 2012||1Q 2011||4Q 2011|
Mineral resources segment earnings increased in first quarter 2012 compared with first quarter 2011 principally due to increased oil production and higher oil prices, which were partially offset by decreased lease bonus revenues and incremental personnel costs. Mineral resources segment earnings increased in first quarter 2012 compared with fourth quarter 2011 primarily due to increased oil production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV