Forestar manages its operations through three business segments: Mineral Resources, Real Estate and Fiber Resources.
- Oil production up over 115% compared with first quarter 2011 and up almost 40% compared with fourth quarter 2011
- Four new wells completed by exploration and production lessees, 534 producing wells at quarter-end, up 38 compared with first quarter 2011
- Leased over 800 net mineral acres in Texas and received $1.1 million in delay rental payments
- Invested $1.8 million in non-operating working interest in a new well in Louisiana
Segment Financial Results:
|($ in millions)||1Q 2012||1Q 2011||4Q 2011|
Mineral resources segment earnings increased in first quarter 2012 compared with first quarter 2011 principally due to increased oil production and higher oil prices, which were partially offset by decreased lease bonus revenues and incremental personnel costs. Mineral resources segment earnings increased in first quarter 2012 compared with fourth quarter 2011 primarily due to increased oil production.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts