Updated from 11:58 a.m. EST to include mini-iPad rumors in the sixth paragraph.
New footage has been found of Jobs and other Apple employees parodying Ghostbusters in an internal video named "The Blue Busters," which was a shot at Apple's major rival IBM (IBM). When there's something strange in the neighborhood, calling Steve Jobs for advice isn't a bad option.
As cars become more like computers every day, General Motors's (GM) Cadillac will give owners of the 2013 CTS model a new iPad that goes over the car's features. The news came at this week's CTIA telecom conference.The iPad will have certain Cadillac features preloaded, enabling it to talk about the car's entertainment system, the tablet, however, is not actually integrated into the dashboard, à la Mercedes Benz and Siri. Though no word on whether the iPad will help drivers learn how to drive. Apple has reportedly offered Proview, the firm which owns the iPad name in China, $16 million to settle a dispute about the tablet's trademark. Apple has already received clearance to sell the iPad in China, but presumably has not done so until this lawsuit is settled. Despite Steve Jobs claims that Apple would never do a 7-inch iPad, the rumors of a smaller form factor continue to grow louder. iMore has a report that Apple may offer a smaller tablet in October at a much lower price point, between $200 and $250, citing undisclosed sources. Apple has never been one to cave to market demand, though the rumor doesn't seem to want to go away. Shares of Apple are higher in Thursday trading, up 0.45% to $571.72. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV