Response Genetics Inc. (Nasdaq:RGDX), (the “Company”), a company focused on the development and sale of molecular diagnostic tests for cancer, today announced its consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Total revenues for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 were $4.0 million, compared to $5.9 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 was largely as a result of the expected decrease in pharmaceutical client revenue. The Company’s ResponseDX® revenue decreased slightly to $3.0 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, compared to $3.1 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
The Company’s first quarter 2012 net loss increased compared to the first quarter of 2011, while the sequential net loss decreased for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Net loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 was $3.1 million, compared with a net loss of $0.3 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 and net loss of $3.9 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011.
Cash and cash equivalents at March 31, 2012, were $5.7 million, compared to $1.7 million at December 31, 2011.“In the first quarter of 2012 we accomplished what needed to be done first – we strengthened our balance sheet when we raised $7.8 million of cash,” said Thomas Bologna, the Company’s recently appointed Chairman & Chief Executive Officer. “We also began implementing programs to put our company on the right track and took action to recover from the transition that the Company faced in 201l. While we appreciate that it will take time to achieve the results that we fully expect to deliver to our shareholders, we believe we are making good progress on what needs to be done and putting the team in place to make it happen. We believe our company is in the right space and we have the foundation and wherewithal to capitalize on our strengths and the opportunities in front of us.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV