NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I tend to dislike political debates.
I heed the words of Billy Joel in this regard:
I once believed in causes too/I had my pointless point of view/And life went on no matter who was wrong or right
For better or worse, you need to keep up on politics if you follow the stock market.
Buy Companies That Cater to High-End CustomersTesla Motors (TSLA) might be one of the most misunderstood companies in America. I have countered the bear case for quite some time now. We'll see what TSLA does over the next few regular trading sessions, but if Wednesday's after-hours activity serves as a reliable indicator, the market is finally starting to "get" Tesla. Even though Tesla missed estimates for the quarter, investors ran the stock up on word that release of the company's second electric vehicle, the Model S sedan, is not only on track, but ahead of schedule. It didn't hurt that Tesla raised guidance on anticipation of deal with Daimler to produce a Mercedes-Benz EV. My bull case on Tesla has always focused on three things:
Before 2012 is over, almost every single prospective buyer of a premium performance car located in Silicon Valley will be getting in line for the Tesla Model S. Tesla already has close to 10,000 deposits -- admittedly fully refundable -- from around the world.
Assuming no cancellations of the deposits, Tesla is sold out in terms of production capacity until April or so -- of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV