- In April 2012, Somaxon entered into a collaboration with CJ CheilJedang Corporation, pursuant to which CJ CheilJedang will commercialize Silenor in South Korea, if approved. Under the terms of the agreements, Somaxon will receive an up-front payment of US$600,000. If Silenor is approved in South Korea, Somaxon will also be eligible to receive sales-based milestone payments as well as a royalty based on net sales of Silenor in South Korea. Somaxon will also supply CJ CheilJedang’s requirements for commercial quantities of Silenor in South Korea at a separate transfer price.
- In February 2012, Somaxon announced that its licensee Paladin Labs Inc. has filed a New Drug Submission (NDS) that has been accepted for review by Health Canada for Silenor for the treatment of insomnia. If approved, Silenor is expected to be the first and only prescription product approved for the treatment of insomnia in Canada that is not a controlled substance. If Silenor is commercialized in Canada and/or the other territories under the licenses to Paladin, Somaxon will be eligible to receive sales-based milestone payments of up to US$128.5 million as well as a tiered double-digit percentage of net sales. To date, the Canadian prescription sleep aid market has consisted mainly of zopiclone, an older medication that despite its limitations, has driven the market to exceed $87 million in 2011, an increase of 10% vs. 2010.
Somaxon Pharmaceuticals Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.