Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc. Stock Upgraded (CRZO)
- CRZO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 83.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CARRIZO OIL & GAS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CARRIZO OIL & GAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.93 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.34 versus $0.93).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1182.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.74 million to $9.42 million.
- The gross profit margin for CARRIZO OIL & GAS INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.30%. Regardless of CRZO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CRZO's net profit margin of 11.70% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CARRIZO OIL & GAS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts