"AEGON's first quarter results confirm the resilience of our franchise and that the actions being pursued by management are the right ones. It is for this reason that we look forward to resuming a dividend payment, which will be decided during our upcoming Annual General Meeting of Shareholders."
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS amounts in EUR millions b) Notes Q1 2012 Q4 2011 % Q1 2011 % Underlying earnings before tax 1 425 346 23 414 3 Net income 2 521 81 - 327 59 Sales 3 1,758 1,409 25 1,411 25 Market consistent value of new business 4 125 71 76 121 3 Return on equity 5 6.9% 5.2% 33 7.7% (10)
For notes see full release
- AEGON details UK pensions reform proposition
- AEGON expands strategic partnership with Liberbank in Spain
- AEGON to delist its common shares from the London Stock Exchange
Sustainable earnings growth with an improved risk-return profileAEGON aims to deliver sustainable earnings growth with an improved risk-return profile. The following targets* have been set by the company:
- Grow underlying earnings before tax on average by 7%-10% per annum between 2010 and 2015.
- Achieve a return on equity of 10%-12% by 2015.
- Increase fee-based earnings to 30%-35% of underlying earnings before tax by 2015.
- Increase normalized operational free cash flow by 30% by 2015 from 2010 level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV