Yes, I don’t know, if I would call it a mini trough. I think the industry in general, the electronics industry in general what I think about it being everything bud apple, has just being kind of coasting along. I don’t know that it’s being go through a trough really, I just think it’s been a very slow, somewhat steady environment for some period of time.
So we haven’t really seen going down, we haven’t really seen the trough. We just have seen kind of slow and not to exciting. And maybe that’s just a reflection of the general marketplace. The U.S. has been little bit stronger but Europe is a little bit weaker, China got a little bit slower, maybe it’s a picking up a little bit, Brazil is certainly slower than it was a while, last year and the year before. But maybe if you take in all of the bundle it’s just a slow growth kind of business and that’s what it feels like to me.
Wamsi MohanWhen you work through the course of the rest of the year, I know you alluded to in your call that next quarter obviously there are some challenges with respect to HVS but from then you expect to see about normal sequential growth. So what gives you the confidence, how much of that is dependent on macro sort of coming back a recovery or versus the line of sight that you have into your wins into the pipeline of projects that you’ve build over the last year or so?
Yes, we actually thought that seasonal – we would actually grow a little bit better than normal seasonal growth September, December towards the backend maybe even into the March quarter. It’s a combination of couple of things. One is it’s a trough quarter for us in the June quarter in terms of revenue and that’s not necessarily because the markets a trough quarter, it’s more because we’re doing that conversion in terms of our trying to get to a balanced portfolio of about 30% high velocity and about 70% non-high velocity, which we think is the optimal portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV