In terms of Q4 highlights, the most significant, from a product revenue perspective was disk systems and software revenue, including related maintenance of $37.6 million. This is a record, despite it being a seasonally weak quarter and the impacts from Europe and Asia mentioned earlier. This category grew 28% year-over-year and was up slightly compared to Q3, which is our seasonally strongest quarter. The growth was driven by record branded disk revenue, including approximately 100% sequential growth in DXi8500 sales and branded StorNext software and StorNext appliance revenue. We added 160 new Disk and Software customers, and we closed on a number of large deals with both new customers and existing customers that made follow-on orders. In short, we are very pleased with the overall result in disk systems and software product revenue category.
Another highlight of the quarter was the launch of our DXi V1000, which is our DXi product, and along with our vmPRO virtual protection software, the backbone of our cloud data protection platform. In addition, Xerox launched their backup and disaster recovery cloud services offering which is based on this platform. I encourage you to go to the Xerox website to learn more about how they use Quantum technology. That can be found at acscloud.com, under the Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery as Service tab. We think this is a very important first step and you're going to see us do more of this going forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV