Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated (NASDAQ: EAC) (“Erickson Air-Crane” or the “Company”), a leading operator and the manufacturer of the powerful heavy-lift helicopter, the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012. The Company completed its initial public offering (“IPO”) in April, 2012.
First Quarter 2012 Highlights and Recent Events
- Revenue increased 36% year-over-year to $27.6 million
- Aerial Services flight hours increased 68% to 1,565 compared to 932 in the first quarter of 2011
- Gross profit rose to $4.0 million up from $0.4 million for the same period last year
- Gross margin was 15%, up from 2% for the same period last year
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $0.2 million from ($5.0) million.
- Operating loss decreased to $1.7 million from $6.5 million for the same period last year
- Net loss attributable to Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated improved to $2.5 million from $8.5 million for the same period last year
- Backlog at March 31, 2012 was $207.9 million, of which $84.0 million is expected to be filled in 2012
- In April 2012, the Company completed its IPO on the NASDAQ Global Market generating $31.9 million in net proceeds
“The first quarter was a solid start to the year during which we diversified our revenue sources, employed our aircraft more fully and significantly improved our financial performance. It was a good platform from which to launch ourselves as a public company, and we are looking forward to our partnership with new investors and participating in the world’s largest equity market,” said Udo Rieder, President and CEO of Erickson Air-Crane.
First Quarter 2012 ResultsTotal revenue for the first quarter of 2012 increased 36% to $27.6 million from $20.4 million for the same period last year. The year-over-year increase in revenue was mainly attributable to an increase in the infrastructure construction business, where we diversified our activities both geographically and by end market, serving new oil-and-gas customers in South America and powerline customers in North America.
|(Dollars in thousands)||Three Months Ended March 31, 2012||% of Revenues||Three Months Ended March 31, 2011||% of Revenues|
|Manufacturing / MRO||2,501||9.1||1,648||8.1|