Quad/Graphics, Inc. (NYSE: QUAD):
- Generates first quarter net sales of $990 million.
- Achieves first quarter Adjusted EBITDA of $126 million and Adjusted EBITDA margin of 12.7%.
- Produces $107 million in first quarter Recurring Free Cash Flow.
- Repays $90 million in debt during the quarter and $415 million since the Worldcolor acquisition, reducing leverage to 2.2x.
Quad/Graphics, Inc. (NYSE: QUAD) (“Quad/Graphics” or the “Company”) today reported results for its first quarter ending March 31, 2012. For full financial results, please see the accompanying information.
“Our performance during the first quarter gave us a solid start to the year,” said Joel Quadracci, Quad/Graphics Chairman, President & CEO. “Our results are in line with our expectations and we are pleased with the progress we made on our key priorities to improve productivity, reduce costs, lower our debt and meet our synergy objectives, which enabled us to generate significant Recurring Free Cash Flow and improve upon our already strong credit metrics.”Net sales for the first quarter 2012 were $990 million versus $1,022 million for the same period in 2011. First quarter 2012 Adjusted EBITDA was $126 million versus $142 million for the same period in 2011. The results reflect expected volume and pricing pressures, which were partially offset by continued productivity improvements and incremental synergy savings totaling $25 million during the quarter and $221 million since the Worldcolor acquisition. Recurring Free Cash Flow was $107 million, demonstrating the Company's ability to generate strong, consistent cash flow. “We are proud of the progress we continue to make in strengthening our balance sheet through the repayment of $90 million in debt during the quarter, and $415 million since the Worldcolor acquisition,” said John Fowler, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. “Correspondingly, we improved our leverage ratio to 2.2x, which remains in our targeted range of 2.0x to 2.5x, and reduced our first quarter interest expense by $8 million or 28%. We continue to generate significant Recurring Free Cash Flow to support our disciplined capital deployment strategy. Our quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share will be payable on June 22, 2012, to shareholders of record as of June 11, 2012.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV