VANCOUVER, May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Taseko (TSX: TKO) (NYSE Amex: TGB) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has signed an agreement with the Tsay Keh Dene to support the exploration program and environmental studies for the development of its Aley Niobium Project in northeastern British Columbia.
The agreement, which is extensive in nature, includes provisions for; employment and training opportunities for Tsay Keh Dene members, contracting and business opportunities for Tsay Keh Dene businesses, participation and capacity funding, environmental protection through the cooperative design and implementation of environmental management and monitoring programs, and a framework and commitment to develop a Comprehensive Cooperation and Benefit Agreement for the eventual development and operation of a mine.
Russell Hallbauer, President and CEO of Taseko, commented, "Taseko management is committed to open and mutually beneficial relationships with the local communities where we operate. I would like to express my gratitude to Chief Dennis Izony and the Tsay Keh Dene for their hard work and commitment to complete this agreement. This agreement will serve as the foundation to strengthen our relationship as we continue to develop the world class Aley project."
Russell Hallbauer President and CEONo regulatory authority has approved or disapproved of the information contained in this news release. SOURCE Taseko Mines Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV