BATESVILLE, Ind., May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HRC) announced today that it has appointed Alton Shader Senior Vice President and President of Hill-Rom North America, which is a combination of the Post-Acute and Acute Care business units. This newly integrated North America business unit is the company's largest, with annual revenue of more than $1B. The combination of Hill-Rom acute and post-acute care operations under one business unit will maximize efficiencies and better address the needs of healthcare organizations that are increasingly integrated across the health care continuum. Shader's role as SVP and President of Hill-Rom North America combines his current responsibilities with those of Martha Goldberg Aronson, who has resigned to accept an executive position with another company.
"Alton has a wealth of experience and a proven record of profitably growing businesses," said John J. Greisch, President and CEO, Hill-Rom. "I know Alton will bring his passion for patient care, focus on customer needs and inspirational leadership to our North America business."
Prior to his new role as head of Hill-Rom North America, Shader led Hill-Rom's Post-Acute Care business unit. He joined Hill-Rom in 2011 from Baxter International, where he held a number of global leadership positions and drove strong financial and operational performance in multiple divisions. Shader was the General Manager of
Baxter's U.S. renal business, General Manager for Baxter Ireland and held senior marketing positions in
Baxter's European operations in
Zurich and in
California. He also held positions of increasing leadership responsibility at several other companies, including Bain & Company. Shader holds a Master of Business Administration degree from
Stanford and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Psychology from
Claremont McKenna College.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV