Ariba Inc. (ARBA): Today's Featured Internet Loser
Ariba (ARBA) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ariba fell 44 cents (-1.1%) to $38.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 603,837 shares of Ariba exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 977,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.11-$39.19 after having opened the day at $38.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.36. Other company's within the Internet industry that declined today were: TechTarget (TTGT), down 10.2%, CafePress (PRSS), down 9.4%, LookSmart (LOOK), down 6.7%, and Renren Inc ADR (RENN), down 5.2%. Ariba, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides collaborative business commerce solutions for buying and selling goods and services in the United States and internationally. Ariba has a market cap of $3.98 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 41.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Ariba a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ariba as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
- You can view the full Ariba Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV