Intel Corp (INTC): Today's Featured Electronics Loser
Intel (INTC) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Intel fell 18 cents (-0.7%) to $27.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 40.1 million shares of Intel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.75-$27.35 after having opened the day at $27.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.37. Other company's within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Memsic (MEMS), down 39.9%, Aehr Test Systems (AEHR), down 11.8%, ClearSign Combustion (CLIR), down 11.5%, and TranSwitch Corporation (TXCC), down 9.8%. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms primarily in the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe, and Japan. Intel has a market cap of $139.66 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.8, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Intel a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 19 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Intel Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV