Kraft Foods Inc (KFT): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
Kraft Foods (KFT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kraft Foods fell 30 cents (-0.8%) to $38.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.4 million shares of Kraft Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.84-$39.14 after having opened the day at $38.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.17. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Chiquita Brands International (CQB), down 28.9%, China Automotive Systems (CAAS), down 20.3%, Farmer Bros (FARM), down 14.5%, and LJ International (JADE), down 9.6%. Kraft Foods Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets packaged food products worldwide. Kraft Foods has a market cap of $69.61 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.6, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Kraft Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kraft Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Kraft Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV