Greenbrier Companies (GBX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Greenbrier Companies rose 34 cents (2.2%) to $15.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 639,459 shares of Greenbrier Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 585,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.03-$16.03 after having opened the day at $15.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.40. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: DS Torm (TRMD), up 42.9%, Frozen Food Express Industries (FFEX), up 10.1%, P.A.M. Transportation (PTSI), up 6%, and Sino-Global Shipping America (SINO), up 5.6%. The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. Greenbrier Companies has a market cap of $414 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 36.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Greenbrier Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Greenbrier Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Greenbrier Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GBX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV