Herbalife Ltd. (HLF): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Herbalife (HLF) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Herbalife rose $1.62 (3.6%) to $47.17 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.6 million shares of Herbalife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.37-$47.94 after having opened the day at $43.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.55. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: CHINA NUOKANG BIO-PHARMACEUTICAL (NKBP), up 26.5%, Pluristem Therapeutic (PSTI), up 13.3%, Theratechnologies (THER), up 9.6%, and Coronado Biosciences (CNDO), up 9.5%. Herbalife Ltd., a network marketing company, sells weight management, nutritional supplement, energy, sports and fitness, and personal care products worldwide. Herbalife has a market cap of $5.49 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Herbalife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Herbalife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Herbalife Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV