Jarden Corporation (JAH): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Winner
Jarden Corporation (JAH) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Jarden Corporation rose 32 cents (0.8%) to $40.79 on light volume. Throughout the day, 650,352 shares of Jarden Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 942,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.99-$41.20 after having opened the day at $40.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.47. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Nautilus Group (NLS), up 12.2%, Movado Group (MOV), up 7.3%, Tempur-Pedic International (TPX), up 4.7%, and Mattress Firm (MFRM), up 3.6%. Jarden Corporation manufactures, sources, and sells consumer products worldwide. Jarden Corporation has a market cap of $3.28 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 16.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Jarden Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Jarden Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Jarden Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV