BanColombia SA (CIB): Today's Featured Banking Winner
BanColombia (CIB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, BanColombia rose 42 cents (0.6%) to $68.31 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 588,503 shares of BanColombia exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 351,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.14-$68.80 after having opened the day at $68.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.89. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Central Federal (CFBK), up 34.2%, United Community Financial Corporation (UCFC), up 22.5%, First California Financial Group (FCAL), up 19.6%, and Hawthorn (HWBK), up 14.6%. Bancolombia S.A. provides financial products and services to individual and corporate customers in Colombia, Panama, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Peru, Brazil, the United States, and Spain. BanColombia has a market cap of $8.81 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.2, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 15.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate BanColombia a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BanColombia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full BanColombia Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV