Dean Foods, Ingersoll-Rand: S&P Gainers
The S&P 500 fell 9.14 points, or 0.67%, to close at 1,354.58.
Shares of Dean Foods rose 11.24% to $14.15. The food products company reported first-quarter earnings excluding certain items of $57 million, or 31 cents a share. This topped Wall Street's consensus estimate of 21 cents a share in earnings.
Dean Foods' stock hit a 52-week high Wednesday of $14.45. The stock's 52-week low of $7.83 was set on June 6.The shares trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.86X; the average for food products companies is 17.56X. For comparison, Ralcorp (RAH) has a higher forward P/e of 17.36X. Seven of the 13 analysts who cover Dean Foods rate it at hold. Five analysts give the stock a buy rating and one rates it at sell. The stock has risen 26.34% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV