Midway Gold Corp. (TSX.V and NYSE Amex: MDW) (the “Company”) announces financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) in the Company’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q, and with the relevant security regulators in Canada.
- Significant gold resource increase in NI 43-101 compliant estimate for Gold Rock Project, White Pine County, Nevada (please refer to our press release dated February 29, 2012).
- Barrick Gold has informed Midway that it intends to conduct and fund an $11 million program at Midway’s Spring Valley Project, Pershing County, Nevada, in 2012 that includes both exploration drilling and development work in preparation for an internal pre-feasibility study. Exploration will be focused on in-fill drilling in the north resource area and expansion drilling of the south target area. The development work will include metallurgical, geotechnical and hydrological studies (please refer to our press release dated April 11, 2012).
- The appointment of Mr. John W. Sheridan to the Company’s Board of Directors and as chair of its Audit Committee, filling a previously announced vacancy. All three of Midway's board committees (Audit, Compensation, and Corporate Governance and Nominating) have three independent board members (please refer to our press release dated February 28, 2012).
All references to “$” in this release mean the Canadian dollar. The financial information is presented in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.A comparison of our balance sheets at March 31, 2012 and December 31, 2011 is as follows:
|March 31, 2012||December 31, 2011|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$ 6,349,527||$ 10,191,069||(1)|
|Total assets||$ 59,963,263||$ 62,571,952|
|Liabilities||$ 5,564,599||$ 5,291,319||(2)|
|Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity||$ 59,963,263||$ 62,571,952|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV