Dane County's high-tech companies added more than $100 million in revenue to the local economy in 2011 with employment levels remaining nearly level over the previous year. Since 2003, the area's total number of companies in the high-tech sector increased from 450 to 580. These findings, part of a recent survey conducted by Madison Gas and Electric (MGE), are found in the 2012 Greater Madison Wisconsin Area Directory of High-Tech Companies.
The directory lists more than 500 firms (473 high-tech businesses profiled in the directory) with reported combined revenues of more than $6.6 billion. During the last five years, the survey found high-tech employment has grown by nearly 2,000 jobs, or 5%, and the number of high-tech firms grew nearly 10.5% for the same period.
To order a hard copy or an Adobe Acrobat PDF version of the directory, go to http://www.mge.com/ecodev/business/htd.htm or send your request and $50 payment to:
|Madison Gas and Electric Co.|
|Post Office Box 1231|
|Madison, WI 53701-1231|
MGE generates and distributes electricity to 139,000 customers in Dane County, Wis., and purchases and distributes natural gas to 144,000 customers in seven south-central and western Wisconsin counties. MGE's parent company is MGE Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: MGEE). The company's roots in the Madison area date back more than 150 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV