Frank E. Thomas, who has served as interim CEO of the company since November 2011, will return to his role of executive vice president and chief operating officer of AMAG.
Mr. Narachi added, “On behalf of the full board of AMAG, I want to thank Frank for his leadership of our company over the past 6 months. I feel that the company is stronger than it was when Frank took the interim chief executive officer role. His unwavering dedication to doing what is best for the business, our employees and our stockholders during a time of uncertainty for the company has provided Bill a solid foundation from which to build.”
Mr. Heiden is an experienced pharmaceutical and biotechnology executive who is joining AMAG from GTC Biotherapeutics, Inc., where he has served as president and chief executive officer since June 2010. Mr. Heiden has served and will continue to serve as chairman of GTC Biotherapeutics following commencement of his employment with AMAG. Prior to joining GTC Biotherapeutics, Mr. Heiden was the president and chief executive officer and a member of the board of directors of Elixir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, from September 2004 until December 2008. Prior to joining Elixir Pharmaceuticals, Mr. Heiden served as president and chief operating officer of Praecis Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (which was acquired by GlaxoSmithKline plc), from 2002 to 2004. From 1987 to 2002, Mr. Heiden progressed through various positions of increasing responsibility at Schering-Plough Corporation (now Merck & Co.), including managing a number of businesses in the United States, Europe and Canada. Mr. Heiden serves on the board of directors of LFB Biotechnologies S.A.S., a private French biotechnology company. Mr. Heiden holds an M.B.A. from Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, a M.I.M. degree from the University of Louvain and a B.A. degree from the University of Florida.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV