LSB Industries, Inc. (NYSE: LXU) announced today results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
First Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights Compared to First Quarter 2011:
- Net sales were $190.2 million compared to $177.5 million, a $12.7 million increase.
- Operating income was $23.1 million compared to $34.0 million.
- Net income was $14.3 million compared to $20.9 million.
- Net income applicable to common stockholders was $14.0 million compared to $20.6 million.
- Diluted earnings per common share were $.61 compared to $.90.
Discussion of First Quarter of 2012:
Our Chemical Business sales increased $12.8 million or 11.5%, offset by a slight decline in Climate Control Business sales.Consolidated operating income was $23.1 million compared to $34.0 million for the same period in 2011, a decrease of approximately $10.9 million that includes:
- an $8.7 million decrease in our Chemical Business including approximately $13.1 million negative impact of downtime at our Pryor, Oklahoma Facility (the “Pryor Facility”), partly offset by increases in the agricultural and industrial sales volumes and margin in the rest of the Chemical Business; and
- a $2.6 million decrease in our Climate Control Business primarily the result of lower margins due to a more competitive market and raw material cost increases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV