InfoSpace Announces First Quarter Results And Preliminary Tax Season Update
InfoSpace, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSP) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 as well as preliminary TaxACT results for the 2011 tax season.
“We are pleased with our strong operating results in the first quarter,” said Bill Ruckelshaus, President and Chief Executive Officer of InfoSpace. “The acquisition of TaxACT in January represents a significant milestone for our company, and substantially diversifies our overall business operations. We are pleased with the performance in both our search and tax preparation businesses and feel positive about our combined Company growth and profitability outlook.”
|Summary Financial Performance: 1Q 2012|
|($ in millions except per share amounts)|
|Q1 2012*||Q1 2011||Growth|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||$28.5||$7.4||284%|
|GAAP Diluted EPS||$0.28||$0.04||600%|
* Q1 results include results for TaxACT from acquisition through March 31, 2012.
See reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP measures in the accompanying financial statements.
During the first quarter of 2012, the Company acquired TaxACT, a leading provider of online tax solutions. As a result of the acquisition, the Company has changed its reporting to reflect how it measures the operating performance of its combined business. InfoSpace will now report two segments: Search and Tax Preparation. The Search segment includes all businesses operated by InfoSpace prior to the acquisition of TaxACT. The Tax Preparation segment represents the TaxACT business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV