LAKE FOREST, Ill., May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, today held its 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders in Arlington, Va.
The agenda included votes on five items. During the annual meeting, shareholders:
- elected the following directors: Barbara L. Bowles, Roger W. Hale and John C. Staley, all Class II directors whose terms expire in 2015; and William G. Dempsey, a Class III director whose term expires in 2013;
- approved two amendments to Hospira's restated certificate of incorporation to permit shareholders to call special meetings in accordance with the company's bylaws and to phase out the classification of the board over a three-year period;
- approved, by means of a shareholder advisory vote, the compensation of Hospira's named executive officers ("say on pay") as disclosed in the company's 2012 proxy statement; and
- ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as Hospira's auditors for 2012.
A full description of the above matters is included in Hospira's proxy statement related to the meeting. The proxy statement and annual report is available on Hospira's website at www.hospirainvestor.com.
About HospiraHospira, Inc. is the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies. Through its broad, integrated portfolio, Hospira is uniquely positioned to Advance Wellness™ by improving patient and caregiver safety while reducing healthcare costs. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 15,000 employees. Learn more at www.hospira.com.SOURCE Hospira, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV