The energy services company reported on May 3 first-quarter earnings of $277 million, or 95 cents a a share, down from year-earlier earnings of $311 million, or $1.07."We are attracted to ED's low-risk regulated strategy, generally constructive regulatory principles and 4.1% dividend yield," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a report on Monday. "Our Market Perform rating primarily reflects valuation considerations. Shares trade at 10-15% premiums to the Regulated Electric Utility peer group median multiples on our 2013E and 2014E EPS and 4-7% premiums to the Large-Cap Regulated Electrics." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.1%
Aflac The supplemental health and life insurance company reported on April 24 first-quarter earnings of $785 million, or $1.68 a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $389 million, or 83 cents. "1Q provided reasons to be more constructive on AFL--the material EPS beat ($0.09 vs. consensus) provided a big head start toward meeting the company's 2012 guidance, and the company has completed 85% of its latest initiative to reduce risk and problem concentrations in the investment portfolio," Keefe, Bruyette & Woods analysts wrote in an April 29 report. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV