NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Monday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Friday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Target (TGT), Consolidated Edison (ED), Aflac (AFL), Amgen (AMGN), CenterPoint Energy (CNP) and Marathon Oil (MRO).
The discount retailer's first-quarter comparable-store sales, reported on May 3, rose 5.3%.
"We believe the optionality of accelerated earnings growth in the future combined with a relatively lower valuation is balanced by the challenges (and macro-dependence) of the business. The P-Fresh/REDcard contribution to comps has peaked placing increased reliance on the macro-dependent/discretionary areas of the store to drive sales (suggesting a decelerating comp trend through the year)," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a report Tuesday. "Additionally, EPS growth in 2012 is likely to be suppressed given roughly a $0.50 headwind from Canada expenses and ~$0.20 from lower profits in credit. Moreover, recent management turnover creates increased uncertainty in a tough environment while the company is pushing into Canada. While TGT looks seemingly inexpensive compared to its peers and historical valuation, we believe a relatively discounted multiple is justified. Near term, given the likelihood for a deceleration in same-store sales after a 300+ benefit from the Easter shift and the weather, we expect the stock to fade some of its recent performance."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.2%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV