International sales grew 24% during the first quarter. These results were mainly driven by strong performance in ENMEA and Japan and successful continued rollout of our eTwo and eLace products.
North American sales rose 30% year over year. Of major significance in North America results is the launch of the GentleMax Pro during the quarter and market traction from our other recently-launched products.
Recurring revenue, which includes service and consumables, were up 4% representing approximately 31% of total PAD sales.
In the PAD segment, revenue increased 21% and non-GAAP operating income was $4.6 million, or 8.1% of PAD sales.In EBU, revenue rose 111%. The EBU continued to generate an operating loss for the quarter. In addition, EBU sales were negatively impacted by the previously-announced voluntary field action we had [inaudible] the Lifetouch laser systems in Europe, which resulted in virtually no revenue for the product in the quarter. We regained CE preformity to the Lifetouch system and remain on track to fully address the issue by the end of the third quarter of this year. Excluding the Lifetouch business, EBU sales from Syneron Beauty Products and elure increased over 250% over the prior year, demonstrating the continued high-growth trajectory for this segment. On a consolidated basis, we achieved non-GAAP operating income of over $700,000 and non-GAAP earnings of $0.02 per share. This is our sixth consecutive quarter of non-GAAP profitability. During first quarter, we completed several important operational milestones that will contribute to both our near-term and long-term success. In February, we acquired Ultrashape, paving the way for our entry into non-invasive fat cell destruction and body sculpting market. Since the closing, we’ve been working closely with our new colleagues from Ultrashape to integrate the business with Syneron. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV