Arden Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ARDNA) today released its sales and income figures for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Arden Group, Inc. is the parent company of Gelson’s Markets which currently operates 17 full-service supermarkets in Southern California carrying both perishable and grocery products.
|ARDEN GROUP, INC. AND CONSOLIDATED SUBSIDIARIES FIRST QUARTER EARNINGS RELEASE (UNAUDITED)|
|Thirteen Weeks Ended (a)|
|March 31, 2012||April 2, 2011|
|Interest, dividend and other income (expense), net||(d)||23,000||2,204,000|
|Income before income taxes||4,920,000||9,566,000|
|Income tax provision||2,004,000||3,897,000|
|Basic and diluted net income per common share||(e)||$||0.95||$||1.79|
|Basic and diluted weighted average common shares outstanding||(e)||3,071,000||3,161,098|
(a) In 2011, the Company operated 18 full-service supermarkets in Southern California through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Gelson’s Markets (Gelson’s). On February 25, 2012, Gelson’s closed its store located in Northridge, California. Gelson’s reached an agreement with the landlord and a third party to assign the Northridge store lease to the third party. Gelson’s was released by the landlord from all obligations under the lease on May 1, 2012. In return, Gelson’s paid the assignee a lease assignment fee of $1,850,000 during the second quarter of 2012 and transferred various items of equipment to the assignee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV