As power requirements increase to provide more functionality in high-density embedded DC-DC power supplies, power engineers are challenged with providing higher power density and efficiency in less board space. Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) helps designers meet this system challenge with the introduction of the FDPC8011S, a 25V, 3.3x3.3mm 2, low-profile Dual Power Clip Asymmetric N-Channel Module.
Developed to operate at higher switching frequencies, the FDPC8011S consists of a 1.4mΩ SyncFET TM technology and a 5.4mΩ control, low-figure of merit N-Channel MOSFET integrated in an all-clip package, which helps reduce the capacitor count and inductor size in synchronous buck applications. The device’s source down, low–side allows for simple placement and routing, enabling a more compact board layout and achieving optimal thermal performance. The FDPC8011S delivers over 25A output current and has a 2X output current capacity improvement over other conventional 3x3mm 2 dual MOSFETs.
For more information, and to order samples, visit: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FD/FDPC8011S.html
Features and Benefits:
- Control N-Channel MOSFET with R DS(ON) = 5.4mΩ Typical, (7.3mΩ Max) at V GS = 4.5V
- Synchronous N-Channel MOSFET with R DS(ON) = 1.4mΩ Typical, (2.1mΩ Max) at V GS = 4.5V
- Low inductance packaging shortens rise/fall times, resulting in lower switching losses
- MOSFET integration enables optimum layout for lower circuit inductance and reduced switch node ringing
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts