An experienced management team and we’ve been doing this, we put the company on the map in the New York Stock Exchange in April of 1998 and we have gone through some of the most difficult of times as you all know. Investment opportunities certainly exist in the residential mortgage-back securities particularly in the non-agency sector. Again, still somewhat inefficient market as compared to the agency market. The agency MBS investment returns, they continue to benefit from a steep yield curve and despite governmental actions, refinancing rates are not spiking. So we can talk our HARP, HAMP and there will be other governmental programs, again I can just say to you that the CPR expectations, both prepays on the agency and non-agency side have come in well within our expectations.
In this period of economic uncertainty, our goal remains to generate double digit returns in equity with an appropriate level of leverage. And again, if you go back historically, I think you will find that we have been, if not the least levered, but certainly one of the least levered companies in our space.
Very proud of this slide, always enjoy talking about it. But since January of 2000, we’ve had about a 14.5% annual compounded return. I think that speaks volumes in terms of how the company is run, in terms of being prudent, in terms of being able to manage at risk.
I am going to turn over to Bill in just – to Bill Gorin, our President, in just a moment, but one of the things I would like you to notice and Bill will give you some greater detail. When you look at the next interest spread both on the agencies and you look at the non-agencies and again, Bill will you some detail, and when you look at the spreads and you look at the asset allocation, I think that’s a very important part of our entire story.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV