Tech blog Digitimes reports that Apple supplier Pegatron Technology has supposedly landed orders for Apple's new iPhone, as well as another iPad, which is going to be launched in the fourth quarter. Apple just recently started selling the new iPad, so an even newer version doesn't make sense. Perhaps that is when production will start.
Rumors of a September or October launch for the new iPhone might turn out to be true, as Apple released the iPhone 4S in October, and made comments in its second-quarter earnings call that third-quarter revenue guidance was lower than Wall Street expected, presumably to focus on a new iPhone.
Apple blog AppleInsider reported iPod customers started receiving notice this week that they are part of a class-action lawsuit against Apple, which says iTunes was a monopoly.Members of the lawsuit are those who purchased an iPod classic, iPod shuffle, iPod touch and iPod nano between Sept. 12, 2006 and March 31, 2009. Shares of Apple are lower in Wednesday trading, off 1% to $562.25. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV