Yahoo! (YHOO) confirmed that Patti Hart will not seek re-election to its board at the company's 2012 annual shareholder meeting.
The news had been widely reported in relation to the probe of CEO Scott Thompson's academic credentials, which has been spurred on by Yahoo! shareholder Daniel Loeb and his hedge fund firm Third Point.
In its press release, Yahoo! said Hart, who is the CEO of International Game Technology (IGT), had informed its board that IGT's board requested that she not seek re-election.Yahoo! shares were last quoted at $15.35, down a penny, on late volume of 5.1 million, according to Nasdaq.com. SkyWest Shares of SkyWest (SKYW) gained ground in late trades after the company reported its traffic rose 4.1% in April to 2.45 billion revenue passenger miles. Load factor came in at 80.9% for the month, up from 78.2% last year. The stock advanced 8.1% to $9.43 on volume of nearly 120,000, according to Nasdaq.com. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV