Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Costco Wholesale Corporation fell 51 cents (-0.6%) to $82.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $81.98-$83.32 after having opened the day at $83.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.15. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST), down 70.6%, Peoples Educational Holdings (PEDH), down 31.9%, Furmanite Corporation (FRM), down 25%, and Millennial Media (MM), down 14.6%. Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses that offer a selection of branded and private label products in a range of merchandise categories in no-frills, self-service warehouse facilities. Costco Wholesale Corporation has a market cap of $36.19 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.4, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 24.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Costco Wholesale Corporation a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Costco Wholesale Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Costco Wholesale Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about COST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV