Estee Lauder Cos (EL) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Estee Lauder Cos fell $1.73 (-2.8%) to $59.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Estee Lauder Cos exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.41-$61.27 after having opened the day at $61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.60. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: STR Holdings (STRI), down 8.3%, Physicians Formula Holdings (FACE), down 7.5%, Exceed Company (EDS), down 6.5%, and China Shengda Packaging Group (CPGI), down 6.3%. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products worldwide. Estee Lauder Cos has a market cap of $14.32 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.8, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Estee Lauder Cos a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Estee Lauder Cos as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Estee Lauder Cos Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV