Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Barrick Gold Corporation fell $1.22 (-3.2%) to $36.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9.6 million shares of Barrick Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.20-$37.40 after having opened the day at $37.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.94. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 34.9%, Avalon Rare Metals (AVL), down 24%, Callon Petroleum (CPE), down 16.5%, and Scotts Miracle Gro (SMG), down 16.1%. Barrick Gold Corporation engages in the production and sale of gold and copper. The company has a portfolio of 26 operating mines, and exploration and development projects located in North America, South America, the Australia Pacific region, and Africa. Barrick Gold Corporation has a market cap of $37.91 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.4, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 8.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Barrick Gold Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Barrick Gold Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Barrick Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ABX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV