Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
Northrop Grumman (NOC) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Northrop Grumman fell 41 cents (-0.7%) to $61.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Northrop Grumman exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.91-$61.46 after having opened the day at $61.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.78. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (SWHC), down 14.7%, CPI Aerostructures (CVU), down 6%, Ducommun (DCO), down 5.9%, and Erickson Air-Crane (EAC), down 3.3%. Northrop Grumman Corporation provides products, services, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical service sectors to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman has a market cap of $15.57 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of eight, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Northrop Grumman a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Northrop Grumman as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Northrop Grumman Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV