Patterson Companies Inc. (PDCO): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
Patterson Companies (PDCO) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Patterson Companies rose 32 cents (1%) to $33.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 762,486 shares of Patterson Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 667,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.24-$33.84 after having opened the day at $33.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.50. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE), up 9.9%, Chindex International (CHDX), up 6%, Houston Wire & Cable Company (HWCC), up 5.3%, and Henry Schein (HSIC), up 3.8%. Patterson Companies, Inc. operates as a distributor serving the dental, companion-pet veterinarian, and rehabilitation supply markets in North America. Patterson Companies has a market cap of $3.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.9, above the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 17.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Patterson Companies a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Patterson Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Patterson Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV