Copart (CPRT) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Copart rose 19 cents (0.7%) to $26.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 468,541 shares of Copart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 503,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.01-$26.52 after having opened the day at $26.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.29. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Vitamin Shoppe (VSI), up 15.3%, OfficeMax (OMX), up 11.1%, Hollywood Media Corporation (HOLL), up 9.1%, and 1-800 Flowers.com Inc. Class A (FLWS), up 3.9%. Copart, Inc. provides online auctions and vehicle remarketing services in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Copart has a market cap of $3.32 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.1, above the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 20.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Copart a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Copart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Copart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CPRT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV