GNC Acquisition Holdings Inc (GNC): Today's Featured Services Winner
GNC Acquisition Holdings (GNC) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, GNC Acquisition Holdings rose $1.15 (3.1%) to $38.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of GNC Acquisition Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.85-$39.73 after having opened the day at $37.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.55. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: SuperMedia (SPMD), up 32.2%, Vitamin Shoppe (VSI), up 15.3%, Quality Distribution (QLTY), up 13%, and Grand Canyon Education (LOPE), up 12.2%. GNC Holdings, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of health and wellness products. Its products include vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplement products, as well as sports nutrition and diet products. GNC Acquisition Holdings has a market cap of $4.01 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, below the average retail industry P/E ratio of 21.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate GNC Acquisition Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates GNC Acquisition Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has not been very careful in the management of its balance sheet.
- You can view the full GNC Acquisition Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV