Rockwell Automation Incorporated (ROK): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
Rockwell Automation Incorporated (ROK) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Rockwell Automation Incorporated rose $1.15 (1.5%) to $77.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Rockwell Automation Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $76.19-$78.25 after having opened the day at $76.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.84. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Broadwind Energy (BWEN), up 11.8%, Sun Hydraulics (SNHY), up 8.2%, Coleman Cable (CCIX), up 6.9%, and Highpower International (HPJ), up 5.8%. Rockwell Automation, Inc. provides industrial automation power, control, and information solutions. It operates in two segments, Architecture and Software, and Control Products and Solutions. Rockwell Automation Incorporated has a market cap of $10.98 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Rockwell Automation Incorporated a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Rockwell Automation Incorporated as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Rockwell Automation Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV