Halliburton Company (HAL) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company rose 27 cents (0.8%) to $32.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14.5 million shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.59-$32.74 after having opened the day at $32.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.42. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Tri-Valley Corporation (TIV), up 25.6%, EXCO Resources (XCO), up 9.2%, Crosstex Energy (XTXI), up 7%, and HyperDynamics Corporation (HDY), up 7%. Halliburton Company provides various products and services to the energy industry for exploring, developing, and producing oil and natural gas worldwide. It operates in two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. Halliburton Company has a market cap of $30.03 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.6, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 10.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 22 analysts that rate Halliburton Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Halliburton Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Halliburton Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HAL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV