Celgene Corporation (CELG) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Celgene Corporation rose 63 cents (0.9%) to $70.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Celgene Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.18-$70.83 after having opened the day at $69.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.14. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA), up 25.7%, Savient Pharmaceuticals (SVNT), up 16.7%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company (KV.B), up 11.7%, and Theratechnologies (THER), up 11.3%. Celgene Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes various therapies to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases primarily in the United States and Europe. Celgene Corporation has a market cap of $30.75 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.7, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Celgene Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Celgene Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Celgene Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CELG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV