CommVault Systems (CVLT) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, CommVault Systems rose $3.41 (6.7%) to $54.13 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of CommVault Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 437,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.81-$55.49 after having opened the day at $55.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.72. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Rosetta Stone (RST), up 18.9%, Sapiens International Corporation (SPNS), up 12.9%, CIBER (CBR), up 11.7%, and Wizzard Software Corporation (WZE), up 10.4%. CommVault Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides data and information management software applications and related services primarily in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. CommVault Systems has a market cap of $2.27 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 90.2, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate CommVault Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CommVault Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full CommVault Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CVLT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV