Bank of Hawaii Corporation (BOH) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Bank of Hawaii Corporation rose 57 cents (1.2%) to $49.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 711,519 shares of Bank of Hawaii Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 457,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.64-$49.61 after having opened the day at $48.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.93. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Central Federal (CFBK), up 19.3%, Galicia Financial Group (GGAL), up 12%, Stewardship Financial Corporation (SSFN), up 11.8%, and Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania (RBPAA), up 11%. Bank of Hawaii Corporation operates as the holding company for Bank of Hawaii that provides a range of financial services and products in Hawaii, Guam, and other Pacific Islands. The company operates in four segments: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Services, and Treasury. Bank of Hawaii Corporation has a market cap of $2.21 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Bank of Hawaii Corporation a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of Hawaii Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Bank of Hawaii Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BOH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV