Dow Today: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 76.0 points (-0.6%) at 12,932. During the day, 676.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 731.5 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 1,188 issues advancing vs. 1,800 declining with 123 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), which sported an 18-cent gain (+0.3%) bringing the stock to $64.98. Volume for Johnson & Johnson ended the day at 12.4 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 10.1 million shares. Johnson & Johnson has a market cap of $177.73 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 1.2% year to date as of Monday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 3.8%. Johnson & Johnson engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 17.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson & Johnson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV