SALISBURY, N.C., May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delhaize America and Food Lion announced today the re-opening of its distribution center in Dunn, N.C. The facility was severely damaged on April 16, 2011 by a tornado, and the company recently completed construction and expansion activities at the center.
"The re-opening of this facility is extremely important to our company's distribution and transportation network, and its support of Food Lion stores in North Carolina," said Mark Doiron, chief supply officer for Delhaize America. "We are proud to re-open an expanded facility today, and we extend our sincere thanks and appreciation to our associates and the Dunn community for their unwavering support throughout this process."
The distribution center in Dunn, N.C., services 270 Food Lion stores in North Carolina. With today's grand re-opening, the facility includes an expanded refrigerated and frozen section of an additional 54,000 square feet that provides added storage for more than 4,000 dairy, meat and frozen food products. On average, the distribution facility ships more than 1.4 million cases of products each week and houses 12,800 items."Food Lion is extremely grateful for the dedication of the Dunn distribution and transportation associates who support our stores and enable us to deliver grocery products to our customers every day," said Food Lion President Cathy Green Burns. "We are proud of this most recent business expansion in North Carolina and the re-opening of the center to serve our customers." The distribution center in Dunn, N.C., first opened in 1988. The facility has more than 700 associates and is approximately 1.3 million square feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV