United Community Financial Corp. (Company) (Nasdaq: UCFC), holding company of The Home Savings and Loan Company of Youngstown, Ohio (Home Savings), today reported consolidated net income of $3.8 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, for the three months ended March 31, 2012. This represents the second consecutive quarter of profitability for the Company.
Selected first quarter results:
- Delinquent loans declined $21.2 million from the prior quarter
- Nonperforming loans declined $13.2 million from the prior quarter
- Nonperforming assets declined $17.6 million from the prior quarter
- Home Savings’ Tier 1 leverage ratio of 8.96% and the total risk based capital ratio of 15.21% both reflected increases from the prior quarter
Patrick W. Bevack, President and Chief Executive Officer of UCFC and Home Savings, commented that, “The Company has started 2012 with positive news. Net income of $3.8 million and continued improvement in asset quality reflects the progress the Company has made over the past few years. The results of the first quarter further emphasize that the hard work and dedication of management, employees and directors is truly paying off.” Bevack continued, “We recognize there is still more work to be done. We continue to move forward with our capital raising plan and achieving compliance with the recently agreed-to Consent Order.”
Asset QualityDelinquent loans declined to $105.7 million at March 31, 2012, down $89.5 million, or 45.9%, from their high point of $195.2 million at March 31, 2010. Nonperforming loans at March 31, 2012 fell to $110.0 million, down $45.2 million, or 29.1%, from their high point of $155.1 million at June 30, 2010. Nonperforming assets dropped to $139.0 million at March 31, 2012, down $58.2 million, or 29.5%, from their high point of $197.2 million at June 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV